The navigator is a mentor, coach and concierge for you as you embark upon advancing your education in nursing.
You can obtain information on many different nursing educational programs at once. The Navigator can help you compare programs in terms of type of degree, resources for financial assistance and much, much more.
Primary Responsibilities of the Nursing Education Navigator are:
- Increase the percentage of RNs returning to school.
- Promote career opportunities in nursing to individuals in the region especially those who are underrepresented in the field of nursing today
- Assist and support individuals in entering and advancing in the field of nursing with a priority focus on increasing the percentage of RNs with Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degrees and the proportion of nurses with a Doctoral degree.
- Provide career and academic program information and personalized referrals and support to enable individuals to appropriately select, enroll in and successfully complete nursing programs from regionally accredited academic institutions in order to increase the percentage of RNs with Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and nurse leaders with Master’s and Doctoral degrees
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of program attributes and admission requirements for online/on-site AA, AS, BSN, MS, DNP and PhD graduate nursing programs offered by regionally accredited institutions in Florida.
Knowledge of financial assistance funding available from federal, state, college/university, employer and privately sponsored source will be available. A working, up-to-date repository of information that provides ready access and ease of navigation to end users will be provided.
If you are currently a High School student considering your future, a nurse wanting to advance your education, or someone looking for a second career, call or email the Nursing Education Navigator today to assist you in your next pathway.