Before you decide which nursing school to attend, take some time to familiarize yourself with accreditation and learn which schools in Florida are accredited: http://www.quincouncil.org/education-resources
Know These Answers Before You Enroll
DOES YOUR SCHOOL HAVE REGIONAL ACCREDITATION?
– A nursing school that is licensed by the Florida Board of Nursing may not be accredited!
– The National Association for Independent Colleges and Universities, and the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida, are lobbying groups and are not accrediting bodies.
– The Florida Commission for Independent Education is not an accrediting body. Any nonpublic school operating in Florida must be licensed by this DOE Commission.
DOES YOUR SCHOOL HAVE NURSING ACCREDITATION?
– Nursing accreditation assures that the program meets national standards for nursing education and has an established record of student success. Accredited programs publish this information and it is also listed on the accrediting body website. Many graduate schools will not accept students with degrees from nursing schools that are not accredited by either the Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE) or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, formerly NLNAC), even if the school is regionally accredited. To see if the school you are considering has nursing accreditation visit:
>>>Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education (CCNE) www.aacn.nche.edu
>>>Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (AACN) www.acenursing.org
– Ask if the school you are considering is accredited by either of the above Commissions. If they are not accredited, but say they have applied for accreditation you should be very cautious!
– Ask what the pass rate for Nursing Board Examinations are for the school. The average is about 90% pass rate for RNs and 84% pass rate for LPNs. Choose a school that is not more than 10 points below the national average.
– Search Education & Training Information for Florida Board of Nursing approved schools and NCLEX pass rates at Florida Board of Nursing www.floridasnursing.gov
Learn more at: https://www.choosewithcare.education/how-to-choose
Search Accredited Nursing Programs
Accredited Baccalaureate & Graduate Nursing Programs
This database includes information on all CCNE-accredited programs from 1997 to the present.
National League of Nursing