Suncoast Nursing Alliance Coalition will provide leadership in advancing the nursing profession so that our region can access safe, high quality healthcare.
The communities of Charlotte, DeSoto, Manatee and Sarasota Counties will have access to quality healthcare provided by a diverse, highly educated and skilled workforce.
Suncoast Nursing Action Coalition (SNAC) Strategic Plan
The 2020-2022 Strategic Plan outlines the strategies and tactics to achieve the vision and mission of SNAC.
- Advocate for the educational system’s capacity to increase the number of nurses with BSN or graduate nursing degrees in the region to address the nursing shortage.
- Increase individuals engaged in academic progression in nursing to BSN or higher.
- Increase community awareness of the need for nurses and their academic progression.
- Increase funding to support SNAC’S goals.
- Strategically and operationally strengthen SNAC’s infrastructure to ensure SNAC achieves its mission.
- Support Nursing Action Coalition of Florida (NACF) and address selected NACF goals and objectives for our region.
Strategies and Tactics
1. Advocate for the educational system’s capacity to increase the number of nurses with BSN or graduate nursing degrees in the region to address the nursing shortage.
1.1. Continue to expand capacity of the accredited education institutions (CCNE/ACEN/CNEA) as needed.
- Ensure accredited programs in our region have national average or above NCLEX scores.
- Ensure there are sufficient slots for clinical rotation in our region.
- Monitor and support (ongoing faculty needs) of our educational institutions and enable them to increase capacity.
- Complete area data on nursing school’s capacity and education levels in our region until Florida Center for Nursing (FCN) provides data that will define our goal.
2. Increase individuals engaged in academic progression in nursing.
2.1 Provide scholarships for academic progression in nursing with a goal of BSN or higher degrees.
2.2 Support Nurse Educational Navigator (NEN) activities to improve systems and tracking.
2.3 Monitor effectiveness of NEN position.
3. Increase community awareness of the need for nurses and their academic progression.
3.1 Implement a 2021-2023 advocacy /communications plan.
3.2 Launch new SNAC website SNAC4fl.org and update twice a year.
4. Increase funding to support SNAC’S goals.
4.1 Share SNAC’s accomplishments and future goals with community.
4.2 Continue to explore funding opportunities through relationship building.
4.3 Explore funding for diversity in nursing in our region.
5. Strategically and operationally strengthen SNAC’s infrastructure to ensure SNAC achieves its mission
5.1 Conduct annual evaluation of SNAC’s infrastructure and prepare for future needs.
5.2 Take action on the annual evaluation of infrastructural needs.
6. Support Nursing Action Coalition of Florida (NACF) and address selected NACF goals and objectives for our region.
6.1 As a catalyst for the creation of NACF continue to strengthen NACF.
6.2 Participate as an official partner of NACF.
6.3 Provide resources and funding to NACF to advocate for the nursing profession.
6.4 Establish select regional goals that align with national and state NACF goals.
6.5 Collaborate with NACF to expand accredited capacity of nursing schools.